Wednesday 15 April 2009

Thornberg & Forester






















http://www.thornbergandforester.com/

Thornberg & Forester is a New York based creative design studio who work and cover a range of design including Broadcast, digital or environment, Design elements, storytelling, letterforms or logos. I really enjoyed the opening title sequences they created for the “AICP 2008”

Thornberg & Forester explain this project and piece saying:

“T&F was honored to design the opening titles, interstitials, and end credits for the AICP 2008 awards show held at the Museum of Modern Art. The innovative 3D type-based title sequence captures the aura of the world’s most famous modern museum through a mesmerizing and gracefully choreographed 3D symphony of letters. As a bonus, T&F’s work for the 2008 show is now preserved in the permanent archives of MoMA’s Department of Film and Media.”

I really enjoyed this piece because of its cinematic sound and the clean polished aesthetic and typography. As I will be creating a showreel shortly I have been inspired by this piece from its use of typography and I feel that would work well in a showreel, as I will need to display my name and other information. Overall a simple effective inspiring animation/title sequence for me.

1 comment:

Adam Greenwood said...

Did you find that when the type is coming out of the wall, it kind of had the same effect of the work style Dvein use when they do close ups of web liked, tangled animations.