Sunday 12 April 2009

Matthew Gerard 'Steel Life'




























I came across a piece called ‘Steel Life’ by Matthew Gerard. I found this piece incredible and some of the visuals are breathtaking. Street life contains beautiful textures and lighting that gives the impression of growth and the birth of life. The piece had no story of narrative to follow but is an expression of the maker and has an abstract nature to it. The sound is a vital element of this piece and really creates an dramatic atmosphere and feeling. I was really inspired and took back when watching this short film as I suppose the creative and technical skills I have learnt during my time studying Multimedia are to be used to tell a story, weather thats a commercial, music video, idents etc. This piece without the backbone of a narrative tells the story or view of the artists mind and visual thinking. Ultimately resulting in a master piece. Also look at the ‘Making of’ which goes behind the scenes of this piece and shows how it developed and was produced.

'Watch final piece' here

'Making of' here

No comments: